Tuesday 22 March 2011

It is not my job to impress you.

My reasoning for wanting to start this blog is intangible. Laying in bed last night, I experienced what has to be the most mundane and interminable epiphany of my life. "Perhaps I should start my own blog in the interest of keeping track of the progress of some of my projects." Being gainfully unemployed was a strong point of inspiration to start this blog, I'd imagine.

I digress; since roughly the 18th of March I've taken it upon myself to fill the immeasurable void of joblessness with learning what I am steadfastly convinced is a worthwhile skill. I'm talking, of course, of making half-baked 3d sketches using popular design & drafting software, Solidworks.

Here's what a weekend of coffee, cigarettes, malnourishment and a $10 usb mouse has generated.

A theoretically very expensive rear wheel.
A turbocharger fin.

A helical-cut gear.
A COOOOL 43-tooth driven sprocket.













It took me longer than I am personally willing to admit to figure out how to arrange those images like that. Actually, I'm convinced it happened purely by accident; an accident I've grown to love much in the same way so many new parents have.

The potential for this blog to be interesting will grow exponentially* once I'm set up in my new garage in April.





*blatant lie

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, there is NOTHING more frustrating than trying to "arrange" images in these Christly blogs. You show Blogger precisely where you'd like the image to go, and Blogger places it as far from that place as possible cackling with glee while you writhe on your chair in paroxysms of rage because you have 25 fricking images to put up.

    ReplyDelete